Triceratops in the Hood

Monday, January 25, 2010

I think it's about time to show you some more of the colorful side to downtown Olympia. Now, let's look back for just a minute. Going clear back to August of last year I showed you the Hidden Zoo. Then in November it was the Olympia Rafah Mural Project on the side of the Labor Temple. The most recent addition were these blue salmon on the side of a local brewing company. Continuing on with our tour our most recent find was on the wall facing the alley at the Mini Saigon restaurant. I've got to say, there are some pretty talented artists helping these various businesses be seen. Oh, and don't worry, we're not done. There will be more.

11 comments

  1. Lowell Says:

    Well-done murals, like these are a complement to the community and certainly brighten things up! I'll look forward to seeing more of them!

  2. Lynette Says:

    Wow! Love the color, appreciate the skills.

    Thanks for asking about Mama. She's doing so much better after the blood transfusion last Tuesday that we're amazed. We're watching the Blazers play the Hornets right now--we're not getting any shots to go in the basket. Mama's saying, "Damnation!" and such.

  3. brian stout Says:

    i love the murals, keep 'em coming! this one reminds me of 'land of the lost' =)

  4. Chuck Pefley Says:

    Great mural! The colors really pop!!

  5. Hilda Says:

    I wish our artists would paint murals like these on Manila's bare, dirty walls. These are just so fun and colorful!

  6. Anonymous Says:

    I like the designs in these murals too.

  7. I do love a good mural. Certaintly a great way to advertise and to brighten up any wall. MB

  8. Lois Says:

    Very nice! I love that he is such a bright green color.

  9. Oh I love these colours. Keep 'em coming!

  10. Thanks all. Let's see what's next.

  11. AB Says:

    That is a great psychedelic dinosaur!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin