Olympia Hotdog Co.

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Today after work we stopped off at home, picked up the kids and dogs, then headed for downtown. I've told you before, downtown Olympia is an interesting colorful place full of activity and people, all hours of the day and evening. As we were walking along my wife suggested we stop at the Olympia Hotdog Company and see how the food is. Actually it was pretty good, especially the size. Big ol' footlong dogs, pretzels, orders of fries or nachos big enough for 2 or 3 people. If you look close you can see the ladle of cheese being poured over the mountain of chips that was my wife's nachos. If you look in the lower right corner of the photo you'll see they have a table and four chairs set up. We sat there and enjoyed our meals while we watched the characters of the night go by.

8 comments

  1. gogouci Says:

    Again with the food. Reading your blog gives me a dangerous case of the munchies. New rule...No Olympia Daily Photo blog reading after dinner. Off to raid the fridge.

  2. Hilda Says:

    Glad to hear you're well enough to go out for some hotdogs and chips. I hope you ate enough for me too. Hotdogs are a comfort food for me, but rarely eaten nowadays because it's processed. Ah well…

  3. Lovely colours and a great photo. I doubt we have shops like that here.
    are hot dogs really a foot long?
    Cheers.
    Melbourne Daily Photo

  4. Not quite lunchtime yet, about two hours to go, why are you making me hungry???!!
    Great night shot!

  5. Lowell Says:

    Sounds like good heart-attack food and a neat place to eat and people-watch! :-)

    And it also sounds like you're feeling better, which is nice!

    Have a wonderful week!

  6. gogouci: hee-hee-hee!! ;-)

    Hilda: It's not something that we do often, but the thing that was the most fun for Krise and I was to watch our girls. There they were, at night, sitting at a table on the sidewalk having dinner while watching the people that come out at night.

    BlossomFlowerGirl: If not a foot, pretty darned close.

    And cheers to you too!

    cieldequimper: We can see you sitting there drooling. :-)

    Thanks!

    Jacob: The food was okay. Again, it was the company that was great.

    Oh, I am feeling much better, and you'd better watch out. I've got a post coming up in the next day or two that's going to be somewhat directed at you buddy.

  7. brian stout Says:

    yep, this made me hungry too!

  8. Interesting readd

Blog Widget by LinkWithin