Sign Week: Day Four

Wednesday, May 6, 2009


Day four takes us back into downtown Olympia to The Capitol Theater. It was built in 1924 during the time of vaudeville and silent film. It is currently run by The Olympia Film Society, a non-profit, community-based , volunteer-run arts organization. It holds 772 seated, 1100 standing room, and has a smaller performance area called The Backstage which holds up to 150 people standing room. As you can imagine, you can see this sign several blocks away.

5 comments

  1. Hey that's a gorgeous sign!!! Did you see any of those movies?

  2. Lois Says:

    So beautiful! I would love to see pictures of the theatre.

  3. No, we didn't see any of the movies. I would like to go inside though. If we do I'll be sure to take some inside shots.

  4. Lynette Says:

    What a sign! I love it, the colors and the design are splendid.

  5. I love those signs!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin