Arts Walk - Day One

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Yep, "Arts Walk", that's what they call it. A two day celebration of art in all it's forms followed up by "The Procession of the Species. I'll do my best to show you a few different forms over the next few days. Tonight, "The Human Easel." Had I backed up a few steps and showed you the entire front of this building you would have seen another girl seated and displaying another painting. Both were doing a pretty good job of not changing their expression, even as I was snapping photos. As you saw in last night's post there were several streets that were closed to cars. All along the streets shops were open past their normal hours displaying various forms of artwork. Believe me, it ranged from the beautiful to the very strange too. Just wait, I'll show you in a day or two.

5 comments

  1. A human easel? That's a new one! Hope it didn't last all too long!

    The idea of an arts walk at night is cool!

  2. Lois Says:

    What a cute idea!

  3. Nice photo; unusual concept.

    Darryl and Ruth : )

  4. I'll give her credit for being a good sport. I'm sure I wasn't the only one that stood there and photographed her through the window. She was probably thinking "Not another one."

  5. Lowell Says:

    Sounds like a very fun event. Now, if this is a human easel, then you should be able to got right up to her (it) and start painting...right?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin