V-Dubs Galore

Saturday, April 10, 2010

In a recent post here I showed you the Volkswagen Squareback that my wife and I are restoring. Being somewhat new to the VW world we know we need to suck up as much info as we can as we move through this project. Today we went to the 2nd annual Capital City Spring Fling, a local VW car show and swap meet. It was held at The Thurston County Fairgrounds. The weather cooperated pretty well. Lots of sun and no rain whatsoever, but it was pretty windy most of the day. There were all models on display, bugs, busses, double cabs, Karmen Ghias squarebacks, fastbacks & more. Air cooled and water cooled were both welcome. I'll show you a couple more shots from the show over the next day or two. We had a great time and just going keeps us excited about our project.

11 comments

  1. Anonymous Says:

    The VW has turned into a hobby then and that's good. Totally different from most other things people might do though I do know people who restore old motorcycles. Should be an interesting life with the car restoration.

  2. That's fantastic! They have all but disappeared here :-(

  3. Hilda Says:

    What a collection!
    There's a VW Club here in Manila too. These little guys sure garner a lot of loyalty and affection from their owners.

  4. Leif Hagen Says:

    OMG - it's a Bug lovefest! A Bug reunion! I still think those bugs are so cute - did you hug one?
    I'm posting a bug on my blog this coming Wednesday!

  5. Lowell Says:

    What great fun! I don't think I've ever seen so many VW's in one place. I can imagine for you it was a blast!

  6. Yep, it was a blast indeed. I forgot to mention in the post that we took Otis (our little ham french bulldog) with us. I think he was as popular as some of the cars. I'll be posting more from the show today and tomorrow.

  7. tapirgal Says:

    I didn't know there were so many styles. Have fun with your project. It seems like a good one to me, low gas mileage, too, right?

  8. tapirgal Says:

    I meant high miles per gallon :) We had another nice day and I've been walking around in it for hours. I think my brain is fried, but I got a LOT of photos.

  9. Linnea Says:

    My first car was a 1969 forest green beetle with a sunroof...brings back memories!

  10. Scott Law Says:

    Are your arms sore from all the "slug bug" slugs? Great hobby, almost as good as photography. Can't wait to see some more photos from the show and your project.

  11. AB Says:

    We hardly see any Beetles (bugs) on roads over here any more. It looks like they have all gone to stay in Olympia

Blog Widget by LinkWithin