Remember Whensday - Feeding Bambi

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Tonight I went thumbing through the old snapshots. I ended up (translation: my wife chose) this shot. Taken in 1966 I would have been 9 or 10 at the time. Living in Tacoma we had headed over to eastern Washington, Spokane to be exact to visit family. On our way home we stopped off at a relative's ranch. While there I had the chance to ride one of the horses as well as feed Bambi, a small deer that they were taking care of at the time. Later it was to be released. As you can see by the smile on my face this was one more good memory in the making.

Click on the link below to see more Remember Whensday shots

[RWBadge1.jpg]

10 comments

  1. Saretta Says:

    It must have been thrilling for you!

  2. Anonymous Says:

    Nice memories. Imagine what life might be like today had we digital cameras back then?

  3. Lowell Says:

    Dear me...

    How sweet it is! And you were such a cute kid. What happened? Heh, heh!

    These are wonderful photos to have! Who are the rest of the people in the picture?

  4. Sally in WA Says:

    Look at the smile on your face. Priceless!! Thanks for sharing this in the RW meme this week.

  5. Anonymous Says:

    That's a really good picture! You look a little standoffish there feeding the lil guy, but soooo cuuute!
    My grandparents took me to The Royal Gorge in Colorado when I was about 14 & right there on the side of the road was all these people pulled over patting a couple deer, so I got out & g'ma & g'pa took a pic of patting one of them, it had fuzz on its antlers! I'll never ever forget that! Great memories!

  6. Lois Says:

    How cute! Thanks for sharing.

  7. I think that's my favourite until now. :-)

  8. Aww so cute. Did they release the little deer ever? Could it be wild after being so tame? the dog looks bigger than Bambi. HA!!

    MB

  9. gogouci Says:

    You look to be a regular 'deer whisperer'.

  10. Rob Says:

    Cute! not many have this opportunity.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin